Thursday 15 September 2011

Breaking news!

I've neglected to tell you that I have hit a seemingly huge milestone in my pregnancy, I can feel the baby moving! After weeks of waiting, laying still in the evening and TRYING to feel it, it finally happened a few days ago. I was watching telly when I suddenly thought to myself "that is definitely the baby". It was subtle, but totally different from anything else I had felt before. It wasn't gas. It wasn't my own pulse (once when I was "trying" to feel the baby I got all excited before realising it was my own pulse in my aorta I could feel...), It was the baby!

I put my hand on my belly, and there it was, a little kick in my palm! Even James could feel it! Since then I have felt it everyday and it is very reassuring for a worrier like myself, I know she/he is in there and is doing well.

I also had a GP appointment the other day and whilst there I mentioned that I had had some discomfort similar to period pain a few days earlier, so the doctor let me listen to the baby's heartbeat, just to ensure all was well. I could listen to that sound all day....

That is all!

2 comments:

Maskrosmorsan said...

Det finns nog ingen bättre känsla! <3 <3 <3

Nadja said...

ja verkligen!