Monday 10 September 2012

Our Swedish holiday, part 2.

As I wait to leave for the airport to fly back to England I thought I might post a few memories from our holiday. It has flewn by, as it does everytime. We've spent the last six days in Stockholm, staying with my friend Maria. When we arrived late on Tuesday they picked us up from the airport and drove us to their flat, where they had prepared some nice kvällsfika. Our beds were made up and the flat looked so nice and cosy with candles lit. It was a real warm welcome and I knew then that we would have a great time here, which of course we did. We've been for long walks, taking coffee and (low carb) chocolate muffins with us to stop and eat along the way. We've cooked lots of delicious and healthy food, last night we made low carb pizza, which was surprisingly delicious. Each morning we've had scrumptious breakfasts of boiled eggs, berries with greek yoghurt and pots of coffee. Una has continued to explore solids. She is developing a bit of a sweet tooth, she loves yoghurt mixed with fruit, and likes porridge. She is coming around to savoury foods but it has to be very smooth or she is not a fan. She has changed so much in these last three weeks, she is quite good at sitting up now, though she topples over when she gets bored. We had borrowed a highchair from Marias friend and Una loved sitting in it, I'll have to get one as soon as I'm back in London.
Maria has spent lots of time with Una, giving me a hand whenever I've needed it. On Saturday I invited my aunts and my oldest brother and his son over for dinner. We had a lovely afternoon together with lots of good food and laughter.
Coming to Sweden is a holiday for the soul, I always do lots of thinking about my life, the future. Sometimes you need a bit of distance from things to be able to process them and sort through your thoughts. I had to buy a notebook so I could start to write down all the ideas and epiphanies I was having. Now I am ready to go back to London and I think Una is too. I think she misses her daddy.
Untitled

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

1 comment:

Maria said...

Ååh vi saknar er så! <3