Friday 19 December 2008

systra mig

The great thing about having a sister is that she is basically a slightly different version of me. We can laugh together in a way I can't with anyone else. We find the same stupid things hilarious, and find each other hilarious! My sister and I are quite close in age, 2 years difference. I think it is because of this that we have gone through stages of not getting on at all and stages of being best of friends, ever since we were very young. When I was born she used to bite me and hit me and all sorts of mean things, out of jelousy of course. As young children she didn't have much interest in playing with her annoying little sister at all, least of all if any of her friends were around! I, on the other hand, adored her and could think of nothing better than to be allowed in to her room and her world.

As we got older we started to get on better and in our teens became good friends. She was my protector in school, would never let anyone be mean to me, and that holds true till this day. Just try unfairly offending me in her presence and you will get an ear lashing! I think what brought us the closest was when we moved out of our mothers house and in to a flat together, when I was just 16 and she was 18. She took on the role of my mother and really looked after me when perhaps I wasn't really ready to look after myself. For this I am eternally grateful. She remains my most loyal friend, the one I can call in the middle of the night, crying hysterically. She is the one that can make me feel a little better.

Det har ar till dej allra karaste syster.


Sabina and I in Umea, 2006

1 comment:

sabulous said...

Men, nu blev ja nastan lessen i ogat! Va fin du e lillstrumpa! puuuus