Sunday 1 January 2012

Christmas and New Year

Christmas has come and gone, as it does every year. We spent a week in Dublin with James' family, a week that flew by. I love visiting Dublin and spending time with his family, it's nice and relaxing and always a good laugh. Plenty of delicious food and the wine and champagne flows freely. This year I mostly watched others enjoying the booze and only sampled a mouthful here and there. I am thinking next year I will make up for it big time! I was spoilt rotten by James as he gave me some really lovely presents that were just perfect, things I had wanted for ages. New Years was spent in our flat with James' mum, who came over on the 29th. We stayed in, James cooked a whole seabass baked in a rock salt crust and we had rhubarb crumble for dessert. We watched Jools Holland Hootenanny, which is becoming a tradition, we've watched three years in a row now.

The weather is miserable and rainy today so we have stayed in all day drinking cups of tea and chatting and James' mum did a reading in her Tarot cards. According to the cards the baby will be fair (James has green eyes and was very blond when he was little and my mum has blue eyes so it's a strong possibility!), but she couldn't see if it is a boy or girl. I guess only time will tell!

First of January. A little over a month until my due date. I really can't quite believe it. Time goes so quickly and there is still a lot to organise and yet I am almost wishing the days away now, I can't wait to meet my baby for the first time.

No comments: