Wednesday 11 January 2012

getting there

Dear oh dear... The last few days have been all about getting the baby's room ready. My sister came over on Saturday and helped me paint the walls cream (more like off white, once it had dried, damn those colour cards!). It took 3 coats of paint to cover the cement green paint underneath! While she was here she also cooked a delicious meal of meat(free) loaf with mashed potatoes and vegetables. On Sunday I went to my antenatal class (James couldn't come as he had a terrible back ache) which was interesting. We talked about everything from pain relief to the colour of baby poo. The last couple of days we have spent sanding the sash windows and painting all the woodwork. It was hard work and very time consuming but the room now looks really nice and bright. James is going to put together the chest of drawers tonight and then I can FINALLY start to everything in order in there.

I know that the baby won't even be sleeping in there in the beginning and that I probably won't go in to labour for another 5 weeks but it's really important for me to get the everything ready, and the way I want it, in time. I want to be totally prepared and have thought of everything we need in case the baby comes early. I think that really the reason I am being so anal about is that I feel like it's something I can control. I can't control when the baby comes, what labour will be like, or how things will be when we take the baby home. So by filling my days with baby preparations I can feel like I am taking an active part in having the baby, if that makes any sense!

Or maybe I just have too much time on my hands....

No comments: