Monday 21 May 2012

You are what you eat

I know I am posting a lot about food, only because I really LOVE food! Unfortunately I've been loving food a bit too much. When I was pregnant I was unable to resist eating whatever I wanted, my appetite was HUGE! I didn't feel right about denying myself anything when I was ravenous all the time. Pregnancy is not a time for watching your weight! The morning sickness/tiredness and heaviness made even walking a huge effort so needless to say I wasn't taking much exercise. Now, 3 months after Una was born, I weigh about a stone more than my normal weight (I think, I don't own scales!). It doesn't bother me massively, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not hoping to get back to somewhere in the region of my pre-preg weight. Thus I have adopted a healthier way of eating. Cutting out sugar and starchy foods. Focusing on protein, fat and vegetables.


Because of this change in diet I seem to be eating nicer food than ever before, which is why I want to share it with you! I will post some recipes as soon as I get round to it, I have a couple of cookie recipes (yes, cookies! Healthy cookies!) you need to try.

No comments: