Wednesday 31 October 2012

Food, glorious food

Today we've spent most of the day indoors. It's been windy and stormy outside and we only left the house to go to the baby clinic to have Una weighed.

The health visitor was mildly concerned about her weight curve dropping slightly. She is still in the same percentile she has been in for the last 3 months, but she is in the lower part of the line. She started off in the 75th as a newborn, but is now on the bottom of the 25th. If she goes any lower she will be in the 9th. The health visitor gave me some advice about weaning and upping her calorie intake to get her weight up. I am not overly worried and definitely don't want to get in to a pattern of fussing over her eating and creating a problem. She is not a big eater and she never has been, but I will think of ways to boost her calorie intake, such as adding cream and butter to her food. I have also been giving her oat porridge for breakfast, which I know is very filling. I might start giving her greek yoghurt instead, she should more calories in that way. I was also advised to cut back her afternoon bottle (she normally drinks 8 ounces) so she might eat more at dinner time. in any case, I am not worried. She is very alert and active and I have no reason to believe that she is malnourished. We musn't forget that these guidelines are, well, guidelines. They are not set in stone and I know my daughter better than a health visitor and a chart in a red book. Enough about that.

One thing I finally got done today was ordering some photo prints online. I want to make Una a photo album and also frame some baby pictures. We only have one picture of her framed so far (dis-organised, as usual!). They should be delivered in a couple of days, very exciting. I miss the days when photos were physical things you could frame and flick through in actual photo albums, rather than facebook ones.

Now Una is in bed and I am going to make myself some dinner and hang the washing. James gets back from a week in Ireland tonight so I'll be staying up late to wait for him to come home.
Untitled

No comments: