Sunday 28 October 2012

Una time

Una and I have had the flat to ourselves this weekend and it's been a busy couple of days. Friday night I had a little dinner party, I'll show you some photos tomorrow. Saturday I was feeling a tiny bit fragile, so I spent most of the day chilling out at home before going out for some food with Sabina and my friend Kathi. Today I had a friend over for lunch. She is the sister of one of my best friends who moved away a few months ago. I hadn't seen her since then so it was great to catch up. I wanted to cook something quick and simple, so we just had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and roasted asparagus. For dessert I had baked a kladdkaka, a swedish sticky chocolate cake. We had that with whipped cream and raspberries and nice cup of coffee. She had got Una some cute pyjamas on a recent trip to New York, so sweet of her.
Untitled
It's cold and miserable outside so Una and I have enjoyed the rest of the day indoors. The flat is nice and tidy, it's quiet and I have been able to relax and focus on spending time with my little girl. As cheesy as it sounds, I love her more every day that passes and cherish all the little things like playing peekaboo, making her laugh, kisses and cuddles. Last night she slept in the bed with me and I absolutely love having her next to me all night. I could happily sleep like that every night, but I know she sleeps very well in her cot so it would be quite selfish of me keep her in the bed every night for my own sake. It is tricky walking that fine line of showering your child in love and affection and enjoying them, whilst encouraging their independence and not smothering them. I could hug and kiss her all day long, but I am pretty sure she needs time to play and explore without a needy mum attached to her all the time!

Now Una is in bed and I have just had some dinner and am about to enjoy a piece of cake for dessert. I am a pretty sociable person but it is nice to have the flat to myself for a change, I've lit candles, am watching crappy TV and will heading to bed early.
Untitled

No comments: