Monday 29 October 2012

Halloween dinner

Friday night my sister and my friends Kathi and Ema came over for dinner. Ema is gluten intolerant and Kathi and Sabina are vegetarians, so I had a challenge in creating the menu! I decided to make a few different dishes that everyone could pick at. I love buffet style food. I could make it all in advance so I was able to relax and enjoy the evening, rather than being stuck in the kitchen.

Feta, spinach and pine nut quiche, with an almond and sesame seed crust.
Wheat free crepes with a creamy mushroom and tarragon filling, topped with parmesan.
Warm puy lentil, halloumi and cherry tomato salad.

Dessert - Chocolate mousse.
Cheese board

foodflowers
We had a brilliant evening. The conversation flowed really well, in fact we were all fighting to get a word in!
EK
groupcollage
NE
As the night wore on and the bottles of wine were emptied, one by one, we got more and more silly.
Ema had brought a pumpkin that she tried her best to carve in to a lantern. She didn't do a bad job, though it doesn't have a lid and looks a bit on the happy side. Good effort nonetheless. It was a fantastic night and such a great way to celebrate Halloween, much better than running around some nightclub in a silly costumes.
pumpkincollage

No comments: