Thursday 27 November 2008

bring on xmas

Today I just can't wait for christmas. I want fairylights and christmas trees and lussekatter.... This saturday me and my sister are planning a shopping trip to get all our swedish christmas essentials from scandi kitchen. (www.scandikitchen.co.uk) Luckily there are so many good shops to get swedish supplies from in London. Funnily enough when I first moved to london I was indifferent to all things swedish and was more intrigued by the english food culture and traditions. I guess it is natural that after some time away you start miss those of your own uppbringing. I soon developed a weird patriotism where I see all things swedish through thick rosetinted glasses. If I had a penny for each time I utter the words "well it's just so much better in sweden" or "in sweden we do it this way" I would be a wealthy woman indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe, sa sant osm sagt, sverige ar helt fantastsiskt harifran, men val hemma e de seegt...;)

genomceciliasogon.blogg.se

Nadja said...

Sjalv alskar jag allt svensk aven nar jag ar hemma, men det ar val for att man far det i lagom doser!