Friday 1 June 2012

Coconut and almond pancakes

P1110202

These pancakes are very easy and quick to make. They are full of goodness and very filling so they are perfect for a snack or lunch. No sugar, no flour, all goodness!

Ingredients

 50 ml ground almonds
50 ml coconut flour (I used desiccated coconut and blended it with a stick blender to make it more finely ground.)
100 ml full fat milk
2 eggs

Simply whisk the egg, add the milk, almond flour and coconut flour. Mix together and let it sit for at least 15 minutes so the flour can absorb some of the liquid. This makes it all bind together.
Fry in plenty of butter on a medium heat. I made six smallish pancakes and 2 were enough for my afternoon snack. They are slightly thicker than normal crepes, but not as thick as american pancakes.


P1110197
They are full of protein, good fats and slow releasing energy. James even liked them, and that really is a good sign as he is a fiend for white flour and sugar!
Eat with berries and whipped cream or creme fraiche. I flavoured my creme fraiche with cinnamon, vanilla would also work. I bet they would also be delicious with bacon. Oh, and coffee of course!

No comments: